Sunday, August 28, 2011

Football Season Starts Again

I can't wait for this madness even though technically I am not a sports fan. However, I do love to root for the home team. In the NFL therefore I root for the Tampa Bay Bucanneers and in college I root for my home town school, Boise State University. I went there off and on for several years. So I do watch those games even if other teams bore me. I hope to keep it in perspective in that the prime directive is my own spiritual growth, which I am so desperately in need of. But one or two days out of the week I can watch a game or two; especially since I have no wife to alienate as soon as I turn on the TV. This is a great time of year for me as I truly look forward to the season, although, I am well aware of the winter that is coming. Boise State plays Georgia at 8 pm eastern on Saturday Sept 3. As much as I would like to see a play off system in college football, I love the controversy that swirls every year when teams are picked for their respective positions by an AP pole and by the BCS rating system. Since not every team plays every other team the country argues for the rest of the year about who really should be the number one team and it is fun. Boise State plays into that well since they are kind of new to the big leagues, and some people just can't believe they should be ranked as high as they are. But this season should be a good season. Nevertheless, I will try to stay focused on the subject at hand; the I Ching, and spiritual growth and development.

Gene

No comments: