Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Laptop on order

Well, my laptop is on order, should be here at the end of the month. In the meantime, my desktop may be fixable, possibly only needing a power pack. May find out more today.

So anyway, here I am sitting at the computer at the internet cafe. Don't have any of my books with me because I just got off an interview at the hospital for where I work. The potential job is very high stress as people's lives are at stake. They asked me a bunch of questions that I answered by saying one must maintain composure. Then I realized, that for some reason, I was not truly composed myself. I suspect that came through in the interview, but we will see. It would be a very significant pay increase though. Of course, all that doesn't solve my immediate problem of no computer. At any rate...

The I Ching talks a lot about composure. It isn't the kind of thing though that you read about in a book and just do. One does not become composed by having intellectual knowledge of the need for composure. It happens by life experience, and learning experientially, not just intellectually, but we must become aware of the inner needs and insecurities we harbor just below the level of consciousness. In order to do that, as hexagram twenty six line three says, "practice chariot driving and armed defense daily." Or whatever you need to practice to accomplish the task you wish to accomplish. And having accomplished saying that, I must attend to other things temporarily as I am short on time today... But soon, I will have a computer...

No comments: