Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Hexagram Thirty

There are a lot of things about this hexagram that I just recently learned, that are fairly new to me. If hexagram twenty nine is the soul locked within the body, then hexagram 30 must be the spirit that radiates from the body. The spirit and the soul cling to and depend on the body for a medium to manifest their desires to the outside world. As such, it is said, "care of the cow brings good fortune." In other words, we take care of and in, the physical realm. So into the human form we come, the soul being locked in the body, but the spirit is ever free.

Li, the name of the hexagram, can mean several things but in essence it is fire. The human mind is like fire, it is constantly seeking new sources of fuel. In the same way the mind is constantly jumping from one thought to another. We must learn to control this jumping around of the mind.

More on this momentarily

2 comments:

Michelle Wood said...

Hi Gene,

Glad you got your new computer already...you beat the Christmas rush!

"If hexagram twenty nine is the soul locked within the body, then hexagram 30 must be the spirit that radiates from the body."

I had never heard that before. It certainly puts a new perspective on hex 29 and 30, and why they sit at the end of their Canon.

gener202 said...

Hi Michelle

It is my intent to discuss things that are beyond the norm for most and maybe sometimes all people. My work goes beyond divination and is not needed for anyone who is just doing divination. However, I do want to get into that aspect too. I am doing as much as I can as fast as I can because a new age is approaching and most people will not make it into the new age. Those that do, however, can use the message I am tryig to present. I take my work very seriously, and want to get information out as quickly as possible. Only a few though, will truly understand my words.

Gene